Dr. Golden’s amazing journey and experience can give you new insights and coping skills. His extraordinary ability to listen coupled with his generous heart make him an invaluable benefit to many family members and loved ones of people with bipolar disease.
Sessions are conducted via Skype or phone by appointment. Dr. Golden is helping families, friends and loved ones better understand Bipolar Disease and making lives better one at a time.
Click on the Book Appointment Now button to schedule your one hour support session with Dr. Paul Golden.
After you choose a date and time you will be taken to the payment page. Sessions are one hour and only $90. You will receive a confirmation email with contact information.
We accept VISA, American Express, Mastercard, and Paypal.
Changes or cancellations must be made 24 hours before a schedule appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs
What is support coaching?
Support coaching for family members, loved ones and caregivers of people with bipolar disease is a valuable resource for dealing with the unique individual’s problems and challenges. Each session is tailored to the needs of those seeking help.
Who can benefit from support coaching?
Family members, loved ones, caregivers and the subject person can benefit from support coaching.
How long is a session?
Each session is one hour with follow-up or on-going appointments.
What happens in the first session?
The first session includes gathering information. All sessions are confidential. Questions generally asked include:
- Name, first name or initials of family member and “consumer”, i.e. person with the disease if allowed.
- Age, sex and date of diagnosis of either major depression, bipolar disease or schizophrenia
- Location if allowed
- Married or single
- Compliance with meds, psychiatrist, psychologist or primary care provider
- Co-existing substance abuse
- Specific problems
- Criteria for diagnosis of “seriously mentally ill” –frequency of hospitalizations, incarceration or homelessness if appropriate
- Relationship to person diagnosed
- Jobs held now or in past or present
- Suicide attempts or ideation or in crisis now
When can I schedule a support session?
Just click on my picture below to schedule an appointment. Thank you!
Disclaimer: For legal, ethical and professional reasons I do not give medical advice or advise on medications. I will ask if and what medications the subject is on (if known.) or tried. All sessions are strictly confidential and abide by HIPPA guidelines.